Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum is among the hottest hyaluronic acid serums in the marketplace.
However at $48.00 a bottle, you’d be forgiven for pondering… “Can I get the identical factor cheaper? The Unusual has a hyaluronic acid serum that’s lower than $10…”
I hear ya. If there’s a product that’s simple to dupe, that is it. So what makes this one particular? I’ve put it to the take a look at to seek out out:
Key Substances In Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
HYALURONIC ACID, GLYCERIN, AND PANTHENOL
What do Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, and Panthenol (Professional-Vitamin B5) have in frequent?
They’re all humectants. In plain English, they entice moisture from the surroundings and bind it into your pores and skin, serving to to maintain it hydrated for longer.
Moisture is the muse of fine pores and skin. When you could have sufficient, all the things else falls into place. Pores and skin plumps up so advantageous traces and wrinkles look immediately smaller; its texture will get softer to the contact, and your complexion glows as if lit-from-within.
Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydrating Serum might spotlight Panthenol on the packaging, however Hyaluronic Acid is my fave. It binds to the pores and skin as much as 1000 occasions its weight in water. So. A lot. Moisture.
Marula oil is the IT substances in all Drunk Elephant merchandise – B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum isn’t any exception.
Derived from the nuts of the fruits of the Marula bushes (a.okay.a. Sclerocarya birrea), Marula oil is loaded with moisturising fatty acids, together with linoleic and oleic acid.
Fatty acids create a barrier on the pores and skin that slows down water loss, serving to to maintain pores and skin hydrated for longer. Plus, it has its justifiable share of antioxidants that will help you battle untimely wrinkles, too.
That’s not all. Research present that Linoleic acid additionally soothes irritation, one of many primary causes of zits and untimely growing older.
Associated: How To Battle Zits With Oils
The Relaxation Of The Method
NOTE: The colors point out the effectiveness of an ingredient. It’s ILLEGAL to place poisonous and dangerous substances in skincare merchandise.
- Inexperienced: It’s efficient, confirmed to work, and helps the product do the very best job to your pores and skin.
- Yellow: There’s not a lot proof it really works (not less than, but).
- Crimson: What is that this doing right here?!
- Water/Aqua/Eau: The bottom of this serum (and most skincare merchandise.
- Coconut Alkanes: An emollient that offers pores and skin a clean really feel.
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer: An artificial polymer that thickens formulations.
- Pentylene Glycol: A water-binding ingredient that hydrates pores and skin. It additionally enhances the feel of skincare merchandise.
- Wheat Amino Acids: A mix of amino acids from wheat protein with highly effective hydrating properties.
- Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract: It has antioxidants and skin-soothing properties.
- Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract: One other plant extract with antioxidants and skin-soothing advantages.
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract: A wealthy supply of antioxidants, little molecules that battle untimely growing older.
- Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract: It makes pores and skin softer and offers antioxidant advantages too.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract: It hydrates pores and skin and, because of its antioxidant properties, helps battle untimely growing older, too.
- Coco-Caprylate/Caprate: An emollient that makes pores and skin mushy with out leaving a greasy feeling behind.
- Sodium PCA: A part of the pores and skin’s pure moisturising barrier, it attracts water from the surroundings into the pores and skin and locks it in, serving to to maintain pores and skin hydrated for longer.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: Derived from licorice, it soothes irritation. It can be used to fade away darkish spots, however in increased concentrations (it received’t try this right here)
- Niacinamide: I want it have been increased on the ingredient record as a result of this highly effective multitasker can hydrate pores and skin, battle wrinkles, fade away darkish spots, deal with zits, and soothe irritations. Sadly, it received’t do an excessive amount of right here, simply because there isn’t sufficient of it.
- Cyclodextrin: A cornstarch-derived sugar that retains sure substances suspended and evenly dispersed to enhance each stability and efficacy of the formulation.
- Sodium Lactate: It hydrates pores and skin. It’s additionally used to regulate the pH of a product.
- Phenoxyethanol: A preservative that retains micro organism at bay, stopping infections.
- Hydroxyproline: I couldn’t discover a lot info on this ingredient.
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate: it neutralizes the metallic ions within the system (often they arrive from water) so it stays good for longer.
- Citric Acid: It’s used to regulate the system’s pH.
- Caprylyl Glycol: Though it has hydrating properties, it’s used right here as a preservative.
- Chlorphenesin: One other preservative that forestalls bacterial contamination.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: A preservative that helps the system keep secure.
The serum has a light-weight, refreshing gel-like system that glides easily on the pores and skin and absorbs simply and shortly. Not sticky in any respect. Oily pores and skin will prefer it too.
It’s fragrance-free. I like that as a result of fragrances all the time have the potential to be irritating for delicate pores and skin. That is one thing everybody can use safely (until you’re allergic to one of many substances).
How To Use It
After cleaning/exfoliation however earlier than moisturiser. If in case you have oily pores and skin, you could possibly skip moisturiser. This serum is hydrating sufficient for you.
Efficiency & Private Opinion
You’d by no means guess Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel has Marula oil in it. Its texture is so extremely light-weight, it sinks into the pores and skin instantly and dries to a slight dewy, non-sticky end.
It’s extremely hydrating, too. You should utilize it alone as a gel moisturiser for greasy pores and skin or as a serum beneath your day/night time cream for those who’re dry or dehydrated.
Both manner, it packs a hydrating punch. I personally choose to make use of hyaluronic acid serums in winter when my pores and skin is virtually begging for further moisture. In summer season, I don’t want them as a lot. However your mileage might fluctuate.
The serum makes my pores and skin softer and smoother. On the finish of the day, once I come residence after a windy London commute, my pores and skin remains to be in fine condition. There’s no flakiness or tightness – inform story indicators my pores and skin’s missing moisture.
It makes my pores and skin a little bit glowier, too. However this actually is dependent upon how dry your pores and skin is. The extra moisture your pores and skin has, the extra dewy it will get. If it doesn’t have sufficient to start with, you could have to pair it with an oil to get that glow.
Associated: Can You Skip Moisturiser And Use Serum Alone?
Who Is This For?
All pores and skin varieties can use it, but it surely’s best suited for greasy and acne-prone pores and skin.
Who Is This Not For?
When you’re on a funds, you’ll find loads of cheaper choices that work simply as effectively.
Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum is available in a modern white tube with a blue pump dispenser. It’s stunning and sensible.
P.S. I’ve the mini dimension. Drunk Elephant has some cute units that permit you to strive their merchandise at a fraction of the fee.
Does Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum Reside Up To Its Claims?
|This ultra-hydrating serum replenishes the complexion and improves the look of pores and skin tone and texture.||True.|
|B-Hydra™ delivers regular hydration all through the day, leaving the pores and skin trying wholesome and extra illuminated.||True.|
|This light-weight, hard-hitting serum is good for all pores and skin varieties.||True once more. It really works for everybody, until you’re allergic to one of many substances.|
Value & Availability
Do You Want It?
Your pores and skin in all probability wants a Hyaluronic Acid serum. If you wish to keep away from silicones and don’t thoughts the little splurge, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum is an efficient possibility to contemplate.
Dupes & Options
Water/Aqua/Eau, Coconut Alkanes, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Wheat Amino Acids, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Niacinamide, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyproline, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin