EYECUE Insights just lately launched its report “The Sustainability Sustainability Handbook: High Performing Methods for Manufacturers,” which used AI know-how to research 160,000 posts throughout 130 social media accounts, in keeping with a press launch.
The report covers how these manufacturers handle sustainability on social media and the way shoppers have interaction with these posts.
“Given the character of the wonder business, the quantity of waste it generates and the scale of its viewers, manufacturers … carry an obligation to not solely guarantee they’re taking measures to be extra sustainable, but additionally to coach shoppers on their sustainability efforts,” mentioned EYECUE Insights Founder Carolina Bañales within the launch.
Listed here are 15 of the important thing stats from the report:
- Throughout all accounts, solely 5% of social media posts talked about sustainability. Manufacturers have been extra more likely to discuss product advantages, kind and elements.
- Manufacturers total included mentions of sustainability in social media posts considerably extra usually within the month of Earth Day than within the previous and following month. In 2022 posts about sustainability doubled from March to April.
- 4 of the 5 commonest matters of sustainability social media posts pertaining to packaging, together with refillable, recyclable, recycled and reusable.
- Between the primary quarter of 2020 and 2022, accounts elevated posts on recycled, refillable, recyclable and reusable. They decreased posts on recycling, sustainability, waste, zero-waste, pollutant and inexperienced magnificence.
- Of the 130 manufacturers analyzed, 21 have been recognized as “profitable sustainability adopters” primarily based on engagement and excessive share counts. Greater than half of these manufacturers are sustainability-led and three-fourths are independently owned.
- Among the many high sustainability adopters, 6-30% of social media posts have been about sustainability points.
- For the highest 10 manufacturers, sustainability-related posts garnered as much as 60% extra engagement than different posts.
- Since 2021, sustainability-led manufacturers elevated the proportion of loyal audiences they share with manufacturers in different classes. The best enhance was with area of interest manufacturers and the most important viewers shared was with science-led manufacturers.
- Between 2021 and 2022 loyal audiences more and more migrated from different model classes to sustainability-led manufacturers. All different classes misplaced a minimum of 15% of loyal audiences to sustainability-led manufacturers, with essentially the most important loss at 20% for science-led manufacturers.
- The report outlines 4 social media methods for sustainability matters: discuss sustainability extra steadily, inform and educate shoppers, use the correct content material format, amplify endorsements from celebrities. Of the highest performing manufacturers, 71% used three or extra of these methods.
- Profitable sustainability integrators point out two or extra sustainability matters 44% of the time, whereas the common amongst all accounts is mentioning two or extra sustainability matters 28% of the time.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use picture carousels 44% extra usually than the common with 11% greater engagement.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use reels 23% extra usually than the common with 17% greater engagement.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use 11% extra portraits in picture social media posts.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use 41% extra infographic-style textual content posts.
Extra data on the report might be discovered by contacting Kristina Neave, firstname.lastname@example.org, in keeping with the discharge.