Alot of individuals suppose BBQs are all in regards to the meat and the beer, however for me, alfresco eating is all about contemporary, seasonal meals and lightweight, wholesome meals. So, whether or not you’re internet hosting a giant BBQ for all your pals, otherwise you’re a visitor and wish to take one thing mild and wholesome that everybody will love, the next two recipes ought to hit the spot! First up is the Wild Rice Salad recipe from my guide Eat Stunning, which is all the time a success because of the nutty combination of the wild and brown rice. Subsequent is my Frozen Banana Lollies, additionally from my guide, that are a stunning summer time dessert various which have skin-benefiting elements and are simply as scrumptious as business ice lollies. They’re nice for displaying off to visitors at a BBQ. Get pleasure from!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Wild Rice Salad
That is certainly one of my good friend Dom’s signature dishes and it’s a actual winner. The beautiful nutty texture of untamed rice works so completely – an important addition to a summer time barbecue.
440 CALORIES PER SERVING
100g wild rice and 100g brown rice
(or 200g combined brown and wild rice)
1 tbsp pistachios
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Handful of contemporary mint, roughly chopped
Handful of rocket, roughly chopped
1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 handfuls of dried fruit reminiscent of raisins, goji berries, sultanas or chopped dried apricots
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
- Boil every rice in evenly salted water following the packet directions. Drain and rinse beneath chilly water.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachios in a dry pan over a medium warmth for 2-3 minutes, tossing incessantly in order that they don’t burn. Take away and evenly crush.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mint, rocket, garlic and dried fruit, and mix nicely.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season and sprinkle the toasted nuts excessive to serve.
Frozen Banana Lollies
102 CALORIES PER SERVING
400ml coconut or unsweetened almond milk
2 giant bananas, peeled
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded coconut
Handful of floor hazelnuts (or additional shredded coconut) for dipping
This frozen combination of mashed up banana, coconut cream and honey makes a gorgeously creamy deal with in the course of the summer time months. It’s simply as candy as a business iced lolly however with a pure and fascinating flavour with a bunch of skin-feeding actives as nicely.
- Pour half of the milk right into a meals processor and add the bananas, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then course of till easy.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the remaining coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the banana combination between six lolly moulds.
- Layer the coconut combination on high of the banana combination, then depart in a freezer for a minimum of 6 hours or till utterly frozen.
- Take away the lollies from their moulds by dipping them in heat water for 10 seconds. Tip the bottom hazelnuts (or shredded coconut) right into a deep bowl, then dip the highest 5-8cm of every lolly into the nuts to coat.
- Place the lollies again within the freezer to set. They are going to be prepared after 5 minutes or everytime you fancy one.
For extra scrumptious seasonal recipe concepts, purchase my guide Eat Stunning
MORE RECIPES: Frittata with Salsa Verde | Pomegranate Salad
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.